So I’ve been waiting for these for months and months, I read so many blogs and watched all the U.S youtubers going on about Revlon Lip Butters! Finally, they are on our shores! I’m very pleased to say I now have three.
If you are reading this and don’t know what im talking about, lip butters are Revlon’s new version of their colourburst lipstick. They are creamy, moisturising but have good pigmentation which is not always the case when lipsticks are hydrating. They wear well but after eating, drinking or a few hours pass you will have to reapply. For me this is no problem, they are easier at the moment with my dry lips than trying to keep on a long wear lip colour and keeping my lips looking nice. The have a shine but are not shiny like a gloss. If you like more coverage or longer wear, put a liner underneath and pop the Lip Butter on top. Some shades are more sheer than others and some have a bit of sparkle in them when others don’t, the ones I purchased have no shimmer.
On the Revlon website they say:
-Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
– Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
– Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine
– Available in 20 luscious shades
The shades i picked are in the picture below. One is a candy/bubblegum pink shade called Strawberry Shortcake, Tutti Frutti is an orange shade and Sweet Tart is a lovely bright pink.
- Pretty lip colours in a wide shade range
- Feels nice on lips / non sticky (lip balm feel)
- Good for lips that need some colour but you find lipsticks dry out your lips
- Great for the summer as these are quick and easy in application and give your face some added colour without looking overly made up
- Cute colourful packaging
- Available in boots (3 for 2 offer at the moment)
- Price is €11.18 (I think this price is a bit steep)
I think most people will enjoy these Lip Butters but if you like opaque lip colour or only like a matte finish give them a miss.
So has anyone tried them ? I would love you to leave a comment below and let me know if you like or dislike them & which colours did you pick :)