Fathers day is Sunday the 17th June this year and I’ve been trying to think of ideas for good presents for dads.
Men are just not as easy to buy for as women, they always seem to want or need nothing so it makes it much harder to pick something that they will actually enjoy and use.
So, I done some thinking and these are the gift ideas I came up with:
1) Aftershave – a good classic present that will always be a hit. Find out his favourite or introduce him to something new. I always give my dad aftershave as presents for birthdays, Christmas and fathers day because it’s something he enjoys but wouldn’t buy for himself.
I got a sample of a new Giorgio Armani fragrance called Acqua Di Gio Essenza. In my opinion is an earthy fresh scent that is perfect for this time of the year as its not a heavy scent but it still has some warmth. The bottle is what I would consider a classic style no fuss bottle with a silver cap embossed with the Giorgio Armani logo. Dad tested and approved. Available in Brown Thomas from 1st June and other stockists around Ireland from 28th June.
2) Vouchers – easy way out some people might say but I think its a great choice as it allows them to pick something they want. Clothes, favourite restaurant, pampering treatments like a hot towel shave or massage.
3) Gadgets & Video Games – Men love big boy toys! iPhone/phone/ipad accessories, playstation/ Xbox accessories, car gadgets, cameras, remote control helicopters and cars.
4) Day out experience – rally driving, helicopter / hot air ballon ride, concert tickets, round of golf, match tickets or sporting event.
5) A keepsake – a photo-shoot for the family, something that can be enjoyed forever. Check out photographer Elisha Clarke. It’s also a fun day out in a park, the beach or a place you love to go with your family that everyone can enjoy.
6) A night/weekend away – there are always deals for hotels around Ireland on the deal sites. Who doesn’t love a break for the norm?!
7) If your on a tight budget, bake him his favourite cake, pick a photo of you and your dad, pop it in a nice frame and it’s a lovely thoughtful gift. Dads are big softies inside, I know my own dad would love this as a present.
That’s all I can think of ! But what I included are things that my own dad would like or dads of different ages would appreciate.
Hope this post was helpful and I would be delighted if you would share in the comments below what your giving for Fathers day this year ?